MonMap Engineering Services Co., Ltd., was established in November 1992 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, by experienced professional Mongolian geoscience engineers. Since then, the company steadily gained professional experience and expanded operations into a wide range of following service areas, among them:
- Topographic and thematic mapping, based on geodetic GPS surveys, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) data, land and aerial 3-dimensional LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) scanner technology, mono and stereo satellite imagery, and aerial photos
- Remote sensing and digital photogrammetry
- Ground and aerial geophysical surveys (magnetic, gravity and IP), mining exploration
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services, software and database development and implementation
- Survey and supervision of railway constructions, engineering and consulting
- Elaboration of three-dimensional (3D) spatial data according to international standards (e.g. International Civil Aviation Authority)
Currently, the company employs more than 30 skilled and experience geoscience and information technology engineers; during heavy workload periods, up to an additional 40 staffs are contracted. MonMap provided services to a large number of Mongolian and International government agencies, public and private organizations, such as the Asian Development Bank, World Bank, and projects funded by Japan, United States, Canada, Germany and the UK.
MonMap is the official and exclusive Mongolian distributor of ESRI Inc. (USA), the world leader in GIS server and desktop products, and is reseller of Digital Globe (very high resolution satellite imagery), BlackBridge / RapidEye (high resolution satellite imagery), and Leica Geosystems (surveying and measurement equipment).
In 2011, MonMap LLC purchased and started to apply LIDAR technology-based Leica ScanStation C10 scanners. After successful completion of a number of 3D mapping in mining and urban development by using these devices, MonMap introduced unmanned aerial vehicle, or “UAV, Drone” technology in Mongolia (AeroHawk aircraft). In 2013, MonMap became the pioneer in introducing sophisticated aerial LIDAR products into the Mongolian market (Riegl LMS-Q-560 with PhaseOne camera).